PASSENGERS WITH REDUCED MOBILITY (PRM)
F.A. srl, as Managing Company of Forlì airport, through the employment of qualified and properly trained personnel, is committed to guarantee the provisions of EU Regulation 1107/2006, concerning the rights of people with disabilities or reduced mobility when travelling by air.
This Regulation establishes that in air transport, as well as in all other aspects of daily life, disabled people and persons with reduced mobility have the same rights as all the other travellers, ensuring accessibility to air transport without discrimination and additional costs.
This is what you need to know if you need assistance:
- To ensure a service tailored to your needs, report your request for assistance to the airline during the booking or at least within 48 hours prior the published departure of your flight, in order to allow the information to be transmitted in time to the departure, arrival and transit airport operators, as well as the airline itself;
- Present yourself at the airport well in advance, so that you can carry out all the departure operations in time, in order to ensure a better organization of your assistance;
- When booking your flight, inform the airline of your need to travel with an electric or folding wheelchair or any other walking aid;
- Passengers with arms or legs in casts or spints can travel by air, provided that casts have been put on at least 48 hours before the flight. A medical certificate is required, clearly stating that the person is fit to fly.
INTERNATIONAL PASSENGER ASSISTANCE CODES
At the time of your booking it’s important to specify the type of assistance needed:
Passenger who can autonomously walk up and down the stairs of the aircraft and move independently in the cabin, but needs a wheelchair to cover long distances inside the airport.
Passenger who isn’t able to walk up and down the stairs of the aircraft independently, but is able to reach his seat on board and needs a wheelchair to move inside the airport.
Passenger who requires complete assistance throughout the trip.
Blind or visually impaired passenger. He can also travel without an escort and doesn’t require a medical certificate. Any guide dogs will be boarded according to the Carrier’s regulation.
Passenger with hearing impairment or hearing and speech impairment. He can also travel without an escort.
Passenger who is travelling on a stretcher.
Passengers with intellectual or behavioural disabilities.
Air carriers may not refuse a PRM passenger reservation or boarding due to of his/her disability or reduced mobility.
This shall apply on condition that the passenger has a valid ticket and a confirmed reservation.
Please note that assistance must be booked no later than 48 hours prior your flight.
An air carrier may refuse to book or board a PRM passenger only in the following cases:
- To meet safety requirements laid down by international and national standards;
- If the size of the aircraft or its doors makes it impossible for the passenger to be taken up or carried.
In order to meet safety requirements, Carrier may request that the PRM passenger be accompanied by a person who provides the necessary assistance.
The presence of an escort may be required when the person is not able to breathe, feed himself, stand up, communicate with cabin attendants and understand their instructions, use the toilets and provide their own medication.
SERVICES AVAILABLE TO PASSENGERS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
The parking spaces reserved for passengers holding a valid disabled parking permit are located in the following parking lots:
- P0 – in front of the departures area
- Short stop – in front of the arrivals area
Parking space reservation is not allowed.
Intercom columns for assistance requests can be found at the reserved parking spaces and at all the airport access doors in both the arrivals and departures areas.
RESTROOMS FOR DISABLED PASSENGERS
Restrooms for disabled passengers can be found before passing through the security checkpoints, as well as in the gate areas.
PASSENGER BOARDING LIFT (AMBULIFT)
A highlifter is available for boarding and disembarkation on the aircraft of passengers with reduced mobility or disabled air-travellers.
Wheelchiars for PRM passengers are available and easily reachable in different areas of the terminal.
SERVICES FOR DEPARTING PASSENGERS
Dedicated PRM assistance personnel will accompany and assist you throughout your stay at the airport, from check-in, security and passport control to boarding.
The transfer on board the aircraft will be made by special means.
SERVICES FOR ARRIVING PASSENGERS
Designated airport staff will meet you on your arrival, accompany you through passport control, to the baggage claim area, through customs control and finally to the mean of transport for reaching your final destination.
SERVICES FOR TRANSFER PASSENGERS
If you are a transit passenger, you will be assisted by the designed airport personnel throughout your stay at the airport.