Travelling with kids can be one of the most beautiful experiences to live all together and doesn’t involve too many limitations, provided you don’t forget your common sense at home!


    Kids up to 2 years of age.
    As a rule, infants are not assigned their own seat on board the aircraft, they generally travel on an adult’s lap not occupying a seat. For safety reasons, each infant must travel with a person of at least 18 years of age, unless noted otherwise in Company’s rules. The adult accompaigning the child may not take care of more than one infant per flight.
    Two infants may travel with two adults, but they must be seated in separate rows as, in the event of an emergency, only one extra oxygen mask is available per row.

  • CHILD:

    Kids from 2 to 12 years of age, for some airlines even up to 14 years. Children are entitled to their own seat, with a baggage allowance equal to that of an adult passenger.


A travel document is required for every person travelling. The type of document depends on the destination: every passenger, including infants, must have a valid personal identity document, which meets the requirements of the destination country of the flight.



To travel within the national borders, it’s sufficient if you show one of the following identification documents: identity card, passport or a birth certificate with a photo issued by the relevant authority (general register office).


In case of an international flight, all Italian minors must necessarily be in possession of one of the following travel documents:

  • Identity card valid for expatriation: valid for journeys to EU countries or to countries with international agreements accepting this kind of document at the entry border;
  • Individual passport: since 2009, minors are no longer allowed to travel with the registration on the passport of their parents or legal guardian;
    In order to ensure safety, an individual passport has therefore become mandatory for minors as well, introducing the principle of “one person, one passport”;
  • Laissez-passer or birth certificate with photo: valid only for certain destinations; this document, issued by the general register office, must be validated by the Police for expatriation;